Company Accountant – Mango Bikes
Do you love accounting because it makes people cry?
Then come and work for us, we could do with being taken down a peg or two.
Mango Bikes are growing, but to do it sustainably, we need you. A commercially-minded, process-loving, supreme-structure developing Accountant to join our team. This will initially be part time, but there’s huge potential for this to develop into a full time role with endless opportunity.
We’ve bootstrapped, scrapped, and taken on the big brands to get where we are today - and we have no intention of stopping. But we definitely need better planning and some guidance and controls around the next moves we make.
Your hands-on work will help us grow. In return, we’ll help you grow with us, in whatever way you want.
This role would suit either a part-qualified accountant, an experienced assistant accountant, or an accountant or management accountant looking for a contract role with all the flexibility that entails.
You’ll love working with a dynamic young business (otherwise it’s a bit of a non-starter). We’re full of personality - make of that what you will.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts with integrated Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet - to assist supply chain management, sales forecasting and cash flow planning.
- Bank reconciliations.
- VAT preparation and filing.
- Monthly PAYE preparation and filing.
- Pensions processing.
- Commercial analysis and reporting.
- Some other ad hoc bits as required.
What you’ll need:
- You’ll love routines, creating reports, designing and following processes, and bringing structure and organisation (basically, you’re an accountant).
- Previous monthly management accounts and cash flow budgeting experience - there’s lots going on and plenty more planned, you’ll help us get there.
- An analytical and progressive approach to improving current practices - use your previous experience to help build the solutions that work for Mango Bikes.
- Can communicate at all levels - we’re a small team and we can be feisty. You’ll appreciate this, complimenting our dynamic.
- Working knowledge of Xero is preferred but if you know one of the other systems (Quikbooks, Sage, etc.) you’ll probably know what to do
- Good level of Excel to build financial models, pivot tables and V Look ups.
- High level of attention and accuracy.
- You go beyond reporting. You’ll analyse the data available, create reports, and then add suggestions on how we get better at delighting and entertaining our customers.
- eCommerce (D2C) experience is ideal, but not a deal breaker.
- Knowledge of awesome, customisable, colourful bikes would be great but unless you’ve worked here before highly unlikely. You could always just say nice things about our bikes - we like that.
- £13-£15+ per hour; depends on experience, negotiable.
- Genuine opportunity to build a team and department from the ground up.
- Significant career progression - you’ll grow as Mango Bikes grows, and we’ll support you with whatever you need.
- Flexibility – WFH with some office time in Ballyclare as appropriate.
- Free Mango Bike.
Think you could be the one to put us in our place?
Apply now, everyone will get a response.
(Click the link above or email email@example.com with CV and a few words about how you're prefect for the job)